• Welcome back to all SEO talk forums!
  • allSEOtalk.com
  • Learn a thing or two about SEO!
  • Hang and talk with the experts!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Hat SEO Techniques
Black Hat SEO

A topic if studied completely can yield a large sum of income, fast.  Working with black hat SEO techniques is short run, but that's exactly what we are after. 

Followed is a tip I will share on the subject. All posts in this thread will cover similar insight. 

1. Buying Expired domains for SEO

Finding a good expired domain is better than gold when it comes to the SEO power it holds.  New websites (domains) can take a lot of time to rank in google (3-6 months).  When you buy an old domain, you can transfer all of it's DA (Domain Authority) and PA (Page Authority) to your new domain.  Thus ranking it insanely fast. This is done with a 301 redirect, transferring all the trust flow from site 1 to site 2. When this 301 is in place, you get ALL of the old domains backlinks transferred over to your new domain. With this method you can get millions of backlinks for only the price of registering the domain itself. 

Be smart when buying old domains and make sure to do your research. Ahref's batch analyzer is a great tool to check up to 200 domains at a time, giving you the option to sort results by DA or number of backlinks. 
In depth research into these backlinks is important. Make sure they are not covered with spam links and they are somewhat related to your new websites niche. 
[Image: oudpalabec1.png]
And how does Google treat this? Won't it hurt the new domain in a long run?
Google views this as if you purchased the old domain's website as a whole and in turn you accept responsibility for all trust, lost or gained, on that domain.  This is why you must research the domain before you purchase it and really dissect the domains backlinks. A quick check would be to inspect the link anchors against an archive.org report. If the content is relevant to the link anchors you're good to go. Instead of 301 redirecting you could also just throw up a blog site with similar keywords and link it back to your main page to transfer some Domain Authority.  Either way it wont hurt you in the long run. At worst google will view the two sites as irrelevant and wont grant you any additional DA or PA for that domain. If google penalized you for 301s, why wouldn't I send dirty 301 redirects to my competitor sites?
Twix Wrote:At worst google will view the two sites as irrelevant and wont grant you any additional DA or PA for that domain. If google penalized you for 301s, why wouldn't I send dirty 301 redirects to my competitor sites?
Twix you do know that DA and PA are Moz metrics and Google does not use them.
To blindly chase DA and PA means you are building links to increase these metrics in relation to your website and can easily result in an algorithmic penalty being asserted by Google.
(07-31-2018, 06:39 AM)Yoda Wrote:
Twix Wrote:At worst google will view the two sites as irrelevant and wont grant you any additional DA or PA for that domain. If google penalized you for 301s, why wouldn't I send dirty 301 redirects to my competitor sites?
Twix you do know that DA and PA are Moz metrics and Google does not use them.
To blindly chase DA and PA means you are building links to increase these metrics in relation to your website and can easily result in an algorithmic penalty being asserted by Google.

In googles eyes every domain, and every page, has a rating. It does not matter what tools you use to find the health of the domain as most top SEO sites typically have accurate indicators. I personally like Ahref's DR (domain rank) and their UR (page rank). Until I work at google and have that kind of insight, these tools are all we can rely on. 

"blindly" chasing any of these metrics will subsequently lead you in the right direction.